We are excited to see our city grow!
Highway 290 and I-610 are expanding. This $1.8 Billion project will ease traffic as the Houston population expands and make our hotel and the surrounding community more accessible.
Please see below for the latest traffic updates provided to the hotel:
- Total Closure - US 290 west and eastbound U-turns at Mangum, beginning 9 p.m., Friday, May 2 for one year, through May 2, 2015. This closure allows crews to start preparation work in that area on the I-10 direct connector to US 290.
Total Closure - US 290 eastbound connector ramp to IH 610 North Loop eastbound will be closed continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Monday, July 14. Motorists will be detoured to the Mangum exit, stay on IH 610 West Loop southbound frontage road, turn left on Hempstead, left on IH 610 northbound frontage road, and enter freeway past E. T.C. Jester.
- Total Closure - US 290 westbound mainlanes at IH 610 West Loop northbound will be closed continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Monday, July 14. (Includes closure of three inside lanes on IH 610 beginning from IH 10 to US 290.) Motorists will be detoured to IH 610 North Loop northbound, exit at N. Shepherd/N. Durham, U-turn and enter IH 610 westbound mainlanes, take the US 290 westbound exit on right, just after the Ella
- Total Closure - 18th Street east and westbound underneath IH 610 West Loop will be closed continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, July 11 to 5 a.m., Monday, July 14. Eastbound motorists will be detoured right on IH 610 southbound frontage road, turn left on Hempstead, left on IH 610 northbound frontage road to 18th Street. Westbound motorists will turn right on IH 610 northbound/eastbound frontage road, U-turn at W. T.C. Jester, stay on frontage road and U-turn at Dacoma, to 18th Street.
- Total Closure – IH 610 North Loop westbound mainlanes at Ella will be closed overnight, Saturday, July 12, from midnight to 4 a.m. Motorists will be detoured to the Ella exit and reenter IH 610 past W. T.C. Jester. Motorists destined for US 290 will exit at Ella, stay on frontage road to US 290 westbound frontage road and enter US 290 past Mangum. Crews will install an overhead sign structure.
- Permanent Total Closure - The I-610 West Loop southbound entrance ramp from W. 18th Street, beginning 8 p.m., Friday, May 2. Detour to I-610 southbound frontage road to Old Katy Road. For access to I-610, turn right on Old Katy Road, left on N. Post Oak and continue to I-610. For access to I-10 westbound, turn right on Old Katy Road and continue to I-10 westbound frontage road; for access to I-10 eastbound, turn left on Old Katy Road, which becomes Washington Avenue, and continue to I-10.